here’s a fit guide for the new women’s Five Ten bike shoes.
My foot: I am a true size 7. Narrow heal. Wide forefoot. High arch. I do not like my toes cramped or touching the end of my shoes.
My riding style: All mountain, Enduro and DH
Sock: I was wearing a mid-weight sock when I tried these on. Normally I would wear a thinner sock but this particular day was chilly.
I recently had the chance to try on all three styles. Three ladies styles? Yes, that’s right, three! Never before have I been able to try on three different ladies styles at once. It made me so excited that I wanted to share what I learned with all the ladies out there. So ladies, here you go! I hope this helps you figure out which shoe is best for you.
* The one clipless version in the bunch
* Dual-compound Stealth Mi6/C4 outsole that is similar to the Freerider but adds an increased power transfer to the pedal
* This shoe was designed so you can hike and pedal with ease
* Fits pedals from small platform eggbeaters to larger platform DH pedals
* Narrowest fit of all the styles with a snug fit that hugged my entire foot
* Fits true to size
* Traditional lacing system with the addition of a Velcro strap to keep your laces out of the way
* Available in Spring 2016 in one color
* Comfortable right out of the box even though it’s the stiffest outsole of the three models
* If I was looking for a clipless shoe then I would definitely give the Kestrel Lace a try
* Casual shoe fit that you can wear on and off the trail. An all-day shoe of sorts.
* Comfortable right out of the box, I don’t imagine needing a lot of break in time for this one.
* Softest midsole of the 3 styles but still more support and stiffness than a non-bike shoe
* Simple design without a lot of bells and whistles
* Toe box was super comfortable, not a lot of extra room but just enough so my toes weren’t cramped
* Traditional lace up design
* Shock absorbing Stealth S1 rubber outsole – super sticky!
* High-friction Dotty tread outsole
* Breathable leather/mesh upper
* Fits true to size
* Available NOW! in one color
* This version has a thinner upper and tongue than my previous Danny MacAskill Freeriders and feels less structured. It fits like a glove though and I could wear it all day long.
* Abrasion-resistant synthetic upper that has more structure and a firmer fit than the Freerider
* Heal of this shoe wraps up and around the back of your ankle for a more secure fit
* Stealth Mi6 rubber outsole that has a treadless design under the ball of the foot so you can make adjustments on your pedal without lug interference
* Stiffer midsole than the Freerider but softer than the Kestrel Lace
* Fit is wider through midfoot than the other styles
* Higher volume shoe in general
* Fits true to size but my big toe touched the end of the shoe just a tiny bit. A thinner sock will probably solve this issue
* Traditional lace
* Available NOW! in two colors
* Not as comfortable right out of the box as the Freerider but once broken in this shoe will give you more support and a stiffer sole than the Freerider.
Thank you Five Ten for caring about the ladies!
To find out more about Five Ten visit www.fiveten.com
Post by Sarah White, Outsiety Founder